June 2014: Birchbox vs. Ipsy

6:01 PM

June 2014: Birchbox vs. Ipsy

Birchbox: Away We Go!




  • Perlier Shea Almond Body Cream: This Italian skincare brand is a nourishing cream that rehydrates skin for a silky finish. It's made with sweet almond milk and 25% shea butter and has a nice warm scent that isn't overpowering. It moisturizes very nicely without feeling too greasy and is perfect for keeping in my handbag. 






  • Cynthia Rowley Beauty black eyeliner: A luxe, creamy liner from the NYC-based designer that can be used for smudge-proof, all-day wear. When put to the test, this eyeliner didn't last as long as it claims but it is creamy and easy to blend. It glides on very smoothly and is a nice basic black color.



  • LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube pencil (Bees Knees): A high-gloss, semi-sheer peachy lip color that's perfect for summer. This minty fresh lip pencil is very moisturizing but tends to settle in lines or dry patches. I like this product but I don't think the color suits me so I'll be passing it along to someone else. 



  • English Laundry Signature for Her: This scent is described as being inspired by English gardens with a balance of floral and woodsy notes. I would definitely not use the same description because to me it has a very sweet scent. I personally don't like getting fragrances in my monthly subscription because I'm picky and don't like them 90% of the time. 



  • SarahPotempa The Half Up: This styling tool is supposed to be an easy way to get a perfect half-up style or small top knot in no time. I don't know if my hair is too thick or long but I can't get it to work for the life of me! Even when I use a smaller section it seems like my hair is too heavy for it to work properly.

Ipsy: Pretty in Paradise


  • Nicka K Shimmer Eyeliner in Blue: This liquid eyeliner came in a BRIGHT electric blue color with a shimmer finish. This color is a little out of my box so I've yet to try it out on my eyes but it wasn't easy to smudge or wash off of my arm so it seems like it will be long-lasting. It has a felt tip applicator but it's pretty stiff so be gently with it.



  • Carol's Daughter Sacred Tiare Styling Cream: This anti-breakage, anti-frizz styling cream is supposed to help your hairstyle last longer when you use it before blow drying or flat ironing. I've only used it on damp, air-dried hair but I think it did a good job controlling my frizziness during the hot, humid days we've been having. It has a sweet coconut scent but it's not too overwhelming.
  • Realtree for Her: Realtree for Her opens up with the sweet taste of pomegranate, a hint of persimmon and an exotic scent of orchids. It blends with lotus blossom and champaca flower and is followed by the rich scent of amber, the transient scent of violets and the depth of mahogany wood. That description comes straight from the Ipsy website. Like I said before, I don't like getting fragrance samples because I'm picky but I actually really like this scent! It's fresh and summery but sexy enough for a date night.




  • OFRA Universal Eyebrow Pencil: This is a great brow pencil. It's creamy and glides on smoothly. The color is perfect for my brows; it's dark enough to create a nice shape and light enough to look natural. I already have thick brows so I'm always hesitant to do anything to them for fear of turning them into caterpillars. This is supposed to be a universal color that suits all skin tones.
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Eclair: I LOVEEEE the NYX Butter Glosses so I was excited to see this product in my bag. I already have a few of them but thankfully Eclair was not one of them. This is a perfect soft pink nude color and feels great on the lips. I highly recommend purchasing this product if you haven't checked it out yet.

    Overall, I received some very good items in both of my subscriptions. The only things I didn't really like were in my Birchbox and that was the half-up hairstyler and the English Laundry perfume. So this month, the winner between Brichbox and Ipsy would have to be... IPSY!

You Might Also Like

0 comments