July 2014: Birchbox vs. Ipsy

1:58 AM

Birchbox: This month, Birchbox teamed up with Women's Health to release a "Power Up" themed box.







  • Cynthia Rowley Lip Stain in Valentine: This coral/pink lip stain is very moisturizing and has light pigmentation which makes it easy to apply but you can easily build up the color to make it brighter. It feels like a lipgloss when you're wearing it and leaves behind a nicely stained lip once it wears off. It has a very small amount of shimmer and contains no scent. 
  • Naobay Body Radiance Lotion: This Spanish favorite uses olive oil and avocado to naturally hydrate and soften skin. This lotion moisturizes skin without making it feel greasy and has a nice citrusy scent.
  • Ofra Universal Eyebrow Pencil: This is a great brow pencil. It looks really natural on the brow and the color is perfect. I'm glad I like it since I already received this product in my Ipsy bag from last month.
  • Real Chemisty Luminous 3-Minute Peel: This product claims to help with controlling acne breakouts, diminishing dark spots, reducing ingrown hair, evening skin tone, brightening complexion, smoothing and resurfacing, and skin tone. I like it because it's not a harsh product. I haven't used it enough to say that their claims are true and I'm sure that my sample will run out before I can see results. I don't think I would purchase a full size product to find out.
  • 100% Pure Gingerade Shower Gel: The samples I received were very small wasn't even enough to wash my whole body but it had a very nice, refreshing scent. I didn't like it enough to purchase it.

Ipsy: Sensationally Sunkissed



  • bareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow: This product makes a lot of claims to live up to. The 5 benefits that it claims to have are long-wearing 12-hour color,  super-charged primer, brightens dull and discolored eyes, smoothes fine lines,  and SPF 15 mineral sunscreen protects from UVA/UVB rays. I received the color Divine Wine, which is a cool-toned taupe-y brown color that has a hint of shimmer. 
  • Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil SPF 8: You can get a healthy glowing tan with this organic tanning oil that is rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and plant extracts. I'm not the type of person to lay out in the sun just to get a tan so I can't really say how good this product is for that. But what I can say is it has a very light scent and feels like an oily moisturizer that isn't too greasy.
  • Lavilin Jojoba Gel Cream: It seems like this product was put in this months bag just in case you go a little too crazy with the tanning oil. This is good to put on skin after overexposure to sun. It doesn't have much of a scent and absorbs into skin fast.
  • Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Pretty Pink: This tinted, moisturizing lip balm is a nice girly pink color. It has minty scent with sheer color payoff. After the balm wears off, the lips are left with a tint that changes in color and intensity depending on the pH level of the person's lips. 
  • Pur Minerals Big Look Waterproof Mascara: I love the packaging of this mascara. It features a bright blue tube and silver top that has a water-bead texture to it. The brush is round with short plastic bristles. This mascara provided good length and volume but it can get clumpy when trying to layer it on. I personally don't like waterproof mascaras because I feel like I'm ruining my lashes when I try to wash it off. This mascara is definitely waterproof because even my eye makeup remover wouldn't get it off.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh this looks like a good box! I used to subscribe to a couple of beauty boxes but then I unsubscribed as I was having too many products pile up. That said, I have been itching to resubscribe lately ;) Make Me Up Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I actually liked most of what I got in my boxes this month! My products pile up too but I keep them out on my counter to remind me to use them. I also try to give away products that I know I won't like or use.

      Delete