Ulta Haul and Swatches

5:18 PM

Yesterday, my sister told me that Ulta was having a 40% off sale on Nyx Cosmetics, L'Oreal, Neutrogena, and Physician's Formula BUT it ends today (July 4th) so of course I had to stop by and pick up some new goodies! I have to say that I'm proud of myself for only getting things that were part of this sale although I ALMOST got some of the new Maybelline Colorblur matte lipsticks (BOGO 50%) but was able to restrain myself.

I am trying to get this post up ASAP in case some of you can benefit from this sale either online or in store. Ulta also has a coupon out for 20% off one qualifying item and they will give 200 bonus points for purchases of $45 or more (which is $6.00 off your next purchase). Keep reading for descriptions and swatches of what I got in today's haul.

The main thing that I wanted to get was the L'Oreal La Lacque and Le Matte Lip Pens. They normally retail for $9.99 but cost $5.99 on sale. I got 2 La Lacque lip pens- Lacquerized (glossy true red) and Lacque-y Charm (nude mauve) and 2 Le Matte lip pens- Matte-r of Fact (purpleish berry) and She's so Matte (matte version of Lacque-y Charm).

 

 

 I have wanted to try out the orange lip trend without spending too much money so this was the perfect chance to get the shades Free Spirit and Morocco. I'm not sure how I feel about the High Voltage Lipsticks because this shade really clung to the dry patches on my lips when I tried it on but maybe I needed to prep my lips better. This is my first Intense Butter Gloss but it swatched very nicely and the shade Toasted Marshmallow is such a unique mauvey purple shade. And I already know that I love the soft matte lip creams (check out my review here). These three items normally retail for $5.99 each but cost $3.59 during this sale.

 

 

My collection of highlighters is pretty small so I wanted to try out this peachy gold shade called Narcissistic from Nyx. It isn't very pigmented but I prefer a more subtle glow anyway. This Nyx Illuminator normally retails for $8.99 but I got it for $5.39.
 
 

Another thing that I don't have much of in my makeup collection is brow products. I have naturally thick brows and don't want to make them look too crazy but I love how this brow mascara will tint my brows to make them stand out a little more while also keeping the hairs in place. The Nyx Tinted Brow Mascara normally retails for $6.99 but cost $4.19 on sale.

 

This is a product that I already own but I wanted to get a darker shade for summer. I love how this foundation gives me a flawless coverage and finish and lasts me all day. I really wanted to get the Infallible Pro Setting Spray but the bottles they had left looked like they were already used. This foundation normally retails for $12.99. I also got an additionally 20% off since this product was the most expensive thing that I purchased today so I got this for $6.23.

 

Happy Independence Day to everyone! I hope all of you have a great weekend! XOXO -Jessie

You Might Also Like

1 comments