OPI SoftShades | Pastels Spring 2016

9:32 PM


OPI comes out with a new SoftShades collection every spring, usually after they have already released their main collection for Spring/Summer. This year, the SoftShades collection does not disappoint (except for the fact that is was released AFTER Easter which would've been the perfect occasion to rock these shades). This collection revolves around opaque pastel shades instead of the usual sheer natural shades that they've released in the past. The formula is very similar in all 6 polishes- creamy but not crazy chalky like a lot of other pastel polishes (especially Essie's!). I am loving all of them so far- it was hard deciding which one to wear first! Keep reading for swatches and descriptions of each shade (descriptions in italics are straight from OPI).


It's a Boy!
This baby blue is a true bundle of joy.
OPI already came out with a polish called It's A Boy that was darker blue and shimmery but I like this pastel version even better. It looks so vibrant on tan skin and applies evenly.

I Am What I Amethyst
Honestly, this light pale lilac is really me. 
This formula is a little thinner and took me three coats. I would say this shade is more of a pastel periwinkle. You can definitely see more blueish gray in person.

This Cost Me a Mint
This cool, refreshing pale green is so worth it.
This one is very, very similar to OPI's That's Hula-rious from Spring/Summer 2015! I would pass on this shade if you already have That's Hula-rious in your collection.

One Chic Chick
Just take a *peep* at this downy soft yellow.
I LOVE THIS COLOR! Most yellow polishes are too neon and look like a highlighter or they aren't opaque enough and make it look like your natural nails are yellow (in a very bad way). This shade has the perfect amount of cream in it and it also has a good formula!


Stop it I'm Blushing!
A flattering flush of warm, baby peach.
This is the kind of shade that I think looks great on all skin tones! It's a good, opaque neutral for fair gals and contrasts really nicely on tanner skin. This is my favorite type of neutral to wear when I don't want to commit to a funky color.
 It's in the Cloud
I'm storing this creamy white in memory forever.
This one took me 3 coats to get a nice and even coverage. I don't know how to describe it differently from OPI because creamy white pretty much sums it up. This shade is lighter and brighter than OPI's other cream shades-- like Be there in a Prosecco and My Vampire is Buff.

(This post is definitely a couple months too late but one of my many mottos is "Better late than never!") I hope you enjoyed this post! Don't forget to say hello and let me know which shade(s) is your favorite by leaving a comment down below. XOXO

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These are so pretty! I love when all the bright spring and summer shades come out. I can't choose a favorite, I think they're all beautiful! I am really drawn to that green and yellow, though. And I know exactly what you mean with the yellow polishes not always being flattering. I struggle with that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessie! Love this review and your photos of your nails are excellent! (Joanna Pop -- from Toronto Beauty Reviews)

    ReplyDelete