OPI Washington DC Fall/ Winter 2016 Collection With Special Edition Kerry Washington Shades

8:16 PM

Despite being inundated with everything pumpkin spice flavored for at least a month... FALL IS NOW OFFICIALLY HERE! That means it's finally time to break out the chunky sweaters, chic booties, vampy lipstick, and darker nail polish shades (even though the weather in the South won't catch up until closer to Halloween). It makes me realize how fast time flies when the seasons change especially because I feel like I JUST packed up all of my sweaters and boots and put them in storage. It's been a crazy summer this year and it's been a while since I've posted because of it. I couldn't think of a better way to get back into the swing of things than to talk about the absolutely gorgeous collection released by OPI for Fall/Winter 2016.

OPI collaborated with the beautifully talented actress/activist, Kerry Washington, to bring us a collection inspired by a combination of Washington DC and feminine power in the midst of a groundbreaking election year. As stated in OPI World News magazine, "The Washington DC palette reflects a sophisticated twist on classic fall shades: winter squash, crimson reds, earthy browns, rustic gold, dusky blue, and lush green - fashion's hottest shade - to add a bolt of power to your favorite fall looks." 

Also included in this collection are three special edition shades that Kerry Washington seems to have had more creative control over when you consider the names of each shade - Kerry Blossom is named after herself, "Liv" in the Gray is named after her character in the TV series Scandal, and Inside the ISABELLEtway is named after her daughter Isabelle. One thing Washington made sure to do was include multiple shades of nude to suit a variety of skintones. In an interview with Us Magazine, she said "For me, growing up, when people were saying 'nude,' they weren't talking about my naked skin tone, I made sure that in my collection, we had nudes that also represent me."








Special Edition shades from left to right: "Liv" in the Gray, Inside the ISABELLEtWay, and Kerry Blossom

"Liv" in the Gray in indoor lighting

"Liv" in the Gray in direct sunlight

Inside the ISABELLEtway in indoor lighting

Inside the ISABELLEtway in direct sunlight

Kerry Blossom in indoor lighting

Kerry Blossom in direct sunlight

It's rare for me to like LOVE almost every shade in a collection, but this one really takes the cake! If you forced me to pick a favorite I think it would be Kerry Blossom but I keep changing my mind depending on the weather, day, and my mood. Keep up the good work OPI! Stay tuned to see what they have in store for the holidays. ;)












You Might Also Like

0 comments