November 2014 Birchbox: Giving (RED)

1:02 AM

Just in case you don't already know what Birchbox is: For just $10 a month, Birchbox delivers high-end beauty, grooming, and lifestyle samples once a month, customized just for you.
Every month, you'll receive a box filled with 4-5 samples from up-and-coming and well known brands. Each delivery will include a mix of categories. Samples are generously sized, with enough product to allow you to figure out if they're right for you. Sign up here to get 50 Birchbox points (For every 100 points you earn, you get $10 off a full-size product order) and start receiving samples every month!

The theme for this month's Birchbox has less to do with beauty products and focuses more on the act of GIVING. We often get lost in the craziness of holidays and forget to spend time being thankful for being able to experience the craziness. While we are busy planning out a Thanksgiving feast or stressing out about buying gifts that no one really needs, it would be nice to find a way to help others who don't have the luxury of experiencing these first world problems. So in the spirit of giving back, Birchbox has partnered with (RED) to raise money and awareness for the global fight against AIDS by donating $15,000 plus $1 each time someone shares the facts of their Birchbox with #shaRED on Instagram or Twitter. With this act, hopefully Birchbox has inspired others to find their own way to give back to their community.


Moving on to the products that I received this month... I was pleasantly surprised! The last couple of Birchboxes have not impressed me but this one has. I've already used (or eaten) every product at least once within the first few days of receiving my Birchbox (which I admit is pretty rare)! Keep reading for details of each item.



Eslor Firming Collagen Day Cream: I haven't stopped using this since it arrived. It's a great medium thickness moisturizer, perfect for dry winter skin. It definitely has a scent but I think it smells good and it's not too noticeable once applied. I also love that it's not greasy and doesn't make my combination/normal skin look oilier than usual at the end of the day.

Harvey Prince Hello Shampoo and Conditioner: I love the floral and citrus scent of both products. I used it the morning after I received my Birchbox and it smelled so refreshing and energizing, perfect for mornings when I'm feeling extra sleepy. I didn't feel much of a difference in my hair after using the shampoo and conditioner so it's not something that gives instant results but it also didn't give any bad results. This duo is certified organic, sulfate-free, paraben-free, color safe, and cruelty-free.

MAKE Dual-Phase Eye Makeup Remover: This is a repeat sample for me and Birchbox emailed me with an apology and 100 Birchbox points before I ever received my box. Luckily, I really like this product and it's perfect for traveling. It effectively takes off stubborn makeup without burning my eyes. It is gentle, oil-based, fragrance-free, paraben-free, and hypoallergenic.

theBalm Cosmetics Cindy-Lou Manizer: This was the product that I saw others receiving in their Birchboxes and I really hoped that I would get it too. This shade is called The Con-tour Artist and it is a shimmery pink/peach shade. It's darker than a typical highlighter but I like it for my medium olive skin tone because it isn't obvious. It would also be a great shade to use allover the eyelid or in the inner corner. (It doesn't show up well when swatched on my skintone, but I've included the picture anyway.)

Vosges Petits Chocolats Pink Himalayan crystal salt and caramel: This bonus treat was delicious! I thought it was going to be a chocolate covered chewy caramel but when I bit into, salted caramel deliciousness burst in my mouth. I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase it but it was yummy to snack on while going through my samples.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love your blog. The name is spot on! I would like to nominate you for the One Lovely Blog Award. I am new to the Birch Blogger community and look forward to reading more of your blog! http://sarissweetlife.blogspot.com/2014/11/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You are so sweet! I worked hard on finding the perfect name so I appreciate the compliment!

      Delete
  2. That highlighter looks really nice and the chocolate sounds delicious!

    http://mollyandstacie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great highlighter for your skin tone

    ReplyDelete