Instanatural Vitamin C Serum and Moisturizer Review

1:52 PM



I was recently given the opportunity to review Instanatural's Vitamin C Serum and Moisturizer and they have become my new go-to products. It came at a perfect time because I just ran out of my Glo Therapeutics Oil-Free Moisturizer (all-time favorite) and I have been in the market for some new products to use. Vitamin C has many benefits for the skin and it has the ability to brighten skin tone, reduce redness and scars, and stimulate collagen boosting skin cells.


Instanatural is a cruelty free brand that uses natural and organic products and is made in the USA. All of their products are free of any harmful alcohol, sulfates, and parabens. Both products that I will be reviewing are vegetarian. They offer a 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee which is such a nice option because although this product works for me it may not work for you. They also offer free standard shipping on orders over $25.

Advanced Formula Vitamin C Serum:

-Description directly from Instanatural
InstaNatural’s Vitamin C Serum is an enriched formula packed with ingredients that hydrate and nourish skin to fight against the signs of aging. Our new formula now includes even more nutrients to help diminish the appearance of spots and discoloration, such as rosehip oil, argan oil, plant stem cells, algae extract and sea buckthorn oil. The vigorous combination of these ingredients form a super serum blend that delivers ultimate antioxidant care for your skin.
 Key Ingredients:
  • 20% Vitamin C 
  • Hyaluronic Acid 
  • Ferulic Acid 
  • Sea Buckthorn Oil
  • Argan Oil 
  • Rosehip Oil 
  • Plant Stem Cells 
  • Pomegranate

My thoughts on the Vitamin C Serum:

First of all, this product has a strong citrus scent. It does not bother me and I don't notice it while it's on my face. It is actually refreshing in the morning and kind of reminds of Clean & Clear Morning Burst cleanser which I used to use when I was in high school. If you are sensitive to fragrance then you should avoid this product.

The serum is creamy orange in color and has a thicker consistency than the typical facial serum, but this is probably because of its aloe base. Despite its thicker consistency, it absorbs almost immediately into skin and my face feels tighter after it dries. It is not greasy at all and after it dries I don't even feel it on my skin. This is perfect for my normal to combination skin but it may not work well for dryer skin. I use the serum after toning my face with Seabreeze sensitive skin astringent and then use moisturizer after the serum sets.

After consistently using the Vitamin C serum twice a day for several weeks, I have definitely noticed a difference in my complexion. It has helped to even out my skin tone and shrink my pores. My skin just seems brighter in general. I have not had any breakouts while using this. I would recommend using a moisturizer after the serum because it isn't very hydrating on its own.

This product is available on Instanatural's website for $16.97.

Youth Express Vitamin C Moisturizer:

-Description directly from Instanatural
InstaNatural’s Vitamin C Moisturizer contains a proprietary blend of supercharged antioxidants and other powerful ingredients that help you achieve youthful-looking skin. Vitamin C is a well-known antioxidant agent that fights free radicals in the environment to help protect your skin from the damaging effects of sun exposure and ultraviolet radiation. Constant exposure to such harmful elements can contribute to signs of aging such as wrinkles, age spots, discoloration and dryness. Applying our moisturizer will deliver a potent 20% dose of Vitamin C to your skin, along with other nourishing ingredients – such as Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid, and Plant Stem Cells – that work together to repair existing, damaged skin and restore a healthier, even skin tone. Our moisturizing cream is a great way to enhance antioxidant protection to brighten and nurture skin for a healthy, glowing appearance.
Key Ingredients:
  • 20% Vitamin C
  • 5% Niacinamide
  • 5% Hyaluronic Acid
  • Plant Stem Cells
  • Peptide Complex
My thoughts on the Vitamin C Moisturizer:
 
This product is super moisturizing and a little goes a long way. I use about a quarter pump for my face and neck. It can be a little on the greasy side but I think it's perfect for a winter, when skin can get super dry and dehydrated. It doesn't have a noticeable scent and kind of cancels out the strong citrus scent of the serum.

This product takes a while to dry on my face. I am always in a rush in the morning so I never wait for it to dry before applying my makeup. I'm not sure if that's why I get shiny faster than usual with this product but it isn't anything that powder can't fix. This is a great moisturizer to use at night time because it seems to really set in and I wake up with nice, glowy (but not greasy) skin.

This product is safe to use around the eyes and allover the body. I've never been into eye creams (I will probably regret that in 10 years) and I'm too lazy to add an extra product into my skin routine so it's nice that this is like a 2(or 3)-in-1 product. I haven't used it all over my body because I honestly don't want to waste the product but I do apply any excess all over my hands.

This product is available on Instanatural's website for $19.97.

Overall:
I have had really good results on my skin when using the moisturizer along with the serum. Obviously, everyone has different skin and what works on me may not work for you. Based on the results that I've seen in just a few weeks, I will continue using this until it's empty and will definitely think about purchasing some more.

*These items were sent to me for free thanks to a partnership with Brandbacker but, as always, I  provide my 100% honest opinion and would never recommend a product that I don't like.

    You Might Also Like

    4 comments

    1. Shame about the serum, I have dry to very dry skin and I love discovering new serums to try. I love the idea of a Vitamin C serum but will skip this because I need something more moisturizing for my skin.

      Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

      ReplyDelete
    2. I might have to look into this. Thanks for sharing the information!

      Leather & Lipstick

      ReplyDelete
    3. These are also my new go-to products! First time I've stuck with a facial product for more than a couple weeks!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Oooo this is something I've actually been looking for FOREVER. Thank you! Will have to try it soon.

      ReplyDelete