What's In My Makeup Bag: Before and After

11:35 PM

 

Pictured above is a photo of the current state of my makeup bag. In case it isn't apparent, there is so much stuff in it that I can't even begin zipping it closed. I've had this problem all week but I've been carrying a big tote that held my makeup bag upright so nothing spilled out. I finally decided to organize it tonight and thought it was a good chance to show how things accumulate and how I decide to downsize by making the (painful) decision to eliminate some products.



The things that overwhelmingly take over my makeup bag are LIP PRODUCTS! I had 13 lip products in my makeup bag not counting the ones that I take out and keep in my coat pocket. My current lip faves are Revlon's lip butters and kissable balm stain for quick and easy days,  reds and deep berries for statement lip days, and brownish mauves for the trendy Kylie Jenner lipcolor.
Lip products in my makeup bag before cleaning it out:
  • Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte in 107
  • Revlon Lip Butters in Fig Jam and Berry Smoothie
  • Maybelline Matte Lipstick in Touch of Spice
  • Nyx Butter Lipstick in Licorice and Hunk
  • Nyx Butter Lipgloss in Strawberry Parfait and Eclair
  • Nyx Matte Lipstick in Eurotrash
  • Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Honey
  • Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer in Topaz
  • Jordana Easyliner in Sedona Red and Cabernet
The other essentials in my makeup bag are eye products. I always keep at least one mascara, kohl eyeliner, and liquid eyeliner.  These, along with some lipstick, can take a basic makeup look into something a little more fancy or suitable for night activities.
Eye products in my makeup bag before cleaning it out:
  • Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Smoky Eyes mascara
  • Loreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions mascara
  • Loreal Superslim felt tip liquid eyeliner (I have no idea how 2 of the same product ended up in my bag but I guess that's how much I like this one!)
  • Noir Cosmetics long wear eyeliner in Forever Noir
I always carry a compact mirror, bobby pins and a little pill bottle that holds Tylenol, Midol, and Aleve just in case I need them. I had Neospirin because of a cut I was taking care of and earrings that I didn't feel like wearing anymore. All of this to say that my makeup bag got a little out of control so keep reading to find out what I decided to keep and what I decided to put away in my regular makeup collection at home.


First things first, I wanted to switch up my makeup bag. I was using a random Ipsy bag that was very plain and simple and changed to this really cute "Sparkle" makeup bag that came with a Bath and Body works tote bag set that I got from my sweet mother-in-law for Christmas.


I kept some of the same products in my bag and got rid of a lot of non-everyday products. I kept the Revlon balm stain because it is a neutral color that is long lasting and the lip butter in Fig Jam because it is a darker neutral. But I may swap it out for the Red Velvet lip butter because it's a nice, light wash of red. I added a mini Laura Mercier translucent powder and small powder brush from Bare Minerals. I also added a sample of Viva La Juicy Gold Couture perfume because it seems like a good thing to have on hand and I have been trying to get rid of all of my samples that are laying around.


Leave a comment below telling me some of your makeup bag essentials. And please tell me that I'm not the only one who's makeup bag gets ridiculously overflowed and how you make some cutthroat decisions on what to keep. XO

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. At the moment, my makeup bag essentials are the Maybelline lash sensational mascara and Korres quince lip butter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried those yet! I'll have to add them to my list :)

      Delete
  2. You can never leave the house without a pain reliever and Maybeline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And I'm surprised I didn't have more Maybelline in my bag lol

      Delete
  3. I need to have to update my bag esp. Tynenol and Liquid Bandage in my bag!!

    Ursula, aka Blueridge Beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waao beautiful creation.
    Actually I need your help for shopping luxury #monogrammed #cosmetic #bags
    please recommend me some websites.
    Generally I purchase from http://sophiasembroidery.com/bags/cosmetics/ with great discounts.

    ReplyDelete