Champagne Pop became so successful that Jaclyn Hill has collaborated with Becca again to create the gloriousness that is called the Champagne Collection Face Palette. She has been hinting at a new product in the works for a while so I made sure to stay on top of any sneaky announcements that she might make through her social media. I have been following her on Snapchat (her username is jaclynrhill) and was watching her celebrate the launch of the Champagne Glow Collection in NYC when all of a sudden she announced that there was a secret presale on the app so her snapchat fam could purchase the palette before the official launch date!!! I immediately told my husband about it and was conflicted about getting it or not because we have been trying to save money for our vacation in August. He told me I should definitely hurry up and get it so I frantically downloaded the app, tried to remember my username and password, added it to my cart, and entered in all of my shipping and billing information. This seemed to take FOREVER and I was sure it was going to be sold out by the time I hit finished but by the grace of God, I was able to get it!
I impatiently waited 3 days for it to come in the mail and my first thought when I took it out of the box was "OH MY GOODNESS, THIS THING IS GORGEOUS!" I definitely don't regret paying the $52 price tag and I'm so glad I didn't hesitate any longer on buying it because the presale sold out in a few hours when it was expected to last 24 hours.
The packaging is very sturdy and high quality. I love the white and gold! I don't think I'll have to be overly cautious when traveling long distance with it but it isn't something I'd keep in my purse. The mirror is a very good size and takes up all of the top lid space.
The palette comes with two highlighters and 3 blushes. Both highlighters contain 0.19 oz of product (for comparison- the original Champagne Pop is 0.28 oz). The mineral blushes Amaretto and Pamplemousse are 0.12 oz and the luminous blush Rose Spritz is 0.10 oz. Each pan is big enough to use any kind of brush you want. All five shades are very pigmented. I'll go into more details below.
|Rosé Spritz arrived with a little smudge on it :(|
|I have small hands but maybe this helps give you a size comparison.|
|Natural lighting outdoors|
Descriptions of Swatches From Left to Right
- Champagne Glow- soft white gold with peachy pink undertones. I may be crazy but this version seems a little less buttery than the original Champagne Pop but it's still the same color and looks the same when applied.
- Prosecco Pop- medium warm gold (inspired by liquid gold) definitely more yellow undertone than Champagne Pop.
- Rosé Spritz- soft peachy pink with gold shimmer. I like it on its own but I find myself mixing it on top of Amaretto in my everyday routine. Apparently, Jaclyn Hill's new favorite shade combination is to use Prosecco Pop on top of Rosé Spritz on the apples of the cheek. So of course I'm going to do the same tomorrow morning!
- Amaretto- matte toasted almond (but too warm and orangey to use as a bronzer). I haven't been using a lot of blush lately so this one is right up my alley!
- Pamplemousse- matte warm coral pink (I personally have to mix this with Amaretto to make it wearable). This one is so pigmented and bright that I'm a little scared to use it. I have to say that this is my least favorite shade and I don't think it will be used often.
I didn't know this until almost finishing this post but apparently there are other products in the Champagne Collection launch!!! (I guess the face palette stole all of the attention because I only found out about it from watching her Snapchat story...again.) It will include an eyeshadow palette (link here) and Champagne Pop shimmering skin perfector in a liquid (link here) and poured créme (link here)! The whole collection can be viewed at once with this link here.
I hope this post helps you to make your final decision on if you want it or not! I also hope that you are successful in actually purchasing it if you decide you do want it (Remember- DO NOT HESITATE)! May the odds be ever in your favor!