Current Beauty Favorites (as of October 2014)

11:07 AM

WOW, October has flown by and we started off November with the earliest recorded snowfall ever. That is a big deal in the South since we hardly get to see a single snowflake. I'm sipping on some s'mores flavored hot cocoa as I'm writing this blog post. Here are my current favorite makeup products that I always reach for on days that I take the extra time to actually do my makeup (I've had some lazy days lately).






Covergirl 3-in-1 Foundation: This is my all-time favorite drugstore foundation. It's 3-in-1 formula claims to have the lasting power of a primer, coverage of a concealer, and blendability of a foundation. This foundation lasts all day on me with minimal touch-ups and has great coverage without looking cakey. I still use an undereye concealer but I don't have to cover anything else with concealer on the rest of my face. One thing you should beware of with this foundation is that it may oxidize on you and turn colors after some time. My perfect shade is 857 Golden Tan but I mix it with 855 soft honey when my summer tan wears off.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer: I use this product in the shade neutralizer and sometimes brightener. Neutralizer is a yellow-based concealer and is meant to cover extreme under eye circles and brightener is a pink-based shade that adds a luminous touch. The only thing I don't like about this product is the sponge-tip applicator. It helps to apply the product quickly but isn't the most sanitary way to do it. I always set my concealer with a powder and as long as I do that, I don't have any problems with creasing.

Cargo_HD Picture Perfect Translucent Powder: I love everything about this setting powder! The packaging is perfect. Even though this is a loose powder, it never gets messy because the top acts as a stopper while its closed and there is a mesh sifter on the inside so powder doesn't get everywhere. The powder is so soft and finely milled and a little goes a long way. This controls my shine all day and locks my concealer into place with no creasing.

Lorac Pro 2 Palette: This has been one of the only palettes I reach for on days when I take the extra time to wear eyeshadow or when I have an event. The colors are so pigmented, blend out smoothly, and last all day (especially when I use my holy grail Too Faced Shadow Insurance). For an everyday look, I love using Beige on the inner corner, Rosé all over the lid, Lt. Brown in my crease, Cocoa on the outer corner, and Buff on my browbone.

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: This mascara provides incredible length and volume! I don't have to use too many coats to get a good result but if I do get heavy handed then it doesn't clump up on me. The only downside to this product is that it will flake if you mess with your eyelashes.



You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I love the Instant Age Rewind, too! -I tried out the 3 in 1 foundation a few months ago, might give it another shot soon. Can't believe you already have snow, I live in CT and am completely dreading the winter coming.

    www.yourcheriamour.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone's skin is so different but I find myself always reaching for the Covergirl 3-in-1 when I want my makeup to last a while with nice coverage. Our winter definitely doesn't compare to what you'd get!

      Delete
  2. I'm always fearful of liquid foundations because the coverage is

    www.shoeography.com usually lacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't like the coverage of liquid foundations? I used to only wear powder foundation until I fell in love with how certain liquid foundations make my skin look flawless

      Delete
  3. I'm addicted to Lorac, although my doesn't always support that

    Glasgow
    www.mylifeonandofftheguestlist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only all of us had an unlimited beauty budget! (or and unlimited budget in general...)

      Delete
  4. LOVE the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer - it's definitely my go-to under eye concealer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! I feel like I can't stop talking about it or posting it in my makeup of the day photos on Instagram lol

      Delete
  5. I've been using that mascara lately and I love it!

    http://mollyandstacie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes my eyelashes look amazing! It's hard to believe that I actually didn't like it at first.

      Delete