Quick Date Night Makeup Tutorial

7:48 PM

There are many times that my husband and I will go out to eat together and I'll meet him straight from work and not even bother to powder my face. But every now and then we like to go on actual dates where we get dressed up and go to a nicer restaurant than usual. On these nights, I don't have much time to get ready since I get home from work at 7:30pm. This means that I have to get ready quick so we can eat dinner at a decent time without one of us getting hangry


To achieve my quick date night look I start by blotting off any excess oil on my face, including my eyelids. Then, I use a nude matte eyeshadow all over the lid to prevent creasing and smudging (use an eyeshadow primer if you have after-dinner plans and want it to last longer). I drew a semi-thick line with my Jordana 12-hour black eyeshadow pencil on the outer half of my lash line and used a Sigma E21 Smudge brush to drag the eyeliner to the inner corner of my eye and to wing it out in the outer corner. Then I grabbed my Lorac Pro 2 palette and used my Sigma E38 Diffused Crease and the shade Plum to smudge out the black eyeliner even more and mixed the shades Plum and Cool Gray to put on my lid and in my crease. I used the same eyeliner in my waterline and curled my lashes.


To freshen up my face makeup, I used Maybelline's Matte and Poreless face powder and Revlon blush in Naughty Nude. Then I used Anastasia Beverly Hills powder contour palette: Fawn for contour, Banana for undereye, and Sand to highlight my cheekbones, browbone, and inner corner of eyes. I wanted a no fuss dramatic lip so I decided to go with Revlon's Kissable Balm Stain in the shade Crush because it has great lasting power and wears off evenly which makes it easy to wear while drinking and eating. I also love how it stays in place so I don't have to worry about it ending up on my chin when I wipe food off my lips.  


For my outfit, I wore a faux leather dress that I received in my Le Tote (pictured below) and cinched the waist with a black and gold belt. I paired it with black and gold dangly earrings from Forever21, black lace tights, black peep toe pumps, and a patent leather dark red clutch.


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I love make up. Your make up looks good on you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look smoking! Great tutorial, I myself have little time to do my face with 2 kiddies to handle, lovely make up!

    Amy

    Acosmeticsobsession.com x

    ReplyDelete