OPI Gwen Stefani Holiday 2014: Swatches and Review

12:56 AM

The holiday season is finally upon us and OPI is here to help us get ready for the festivities! This holiday season, OPI has collaborated with Gwen Stefani to release a beautiful collection of 18 colors (plus a special 18K gold glitter topcoat called "OPI Don't Speak" that I don't have for this review). OPI has divided these shades into 3 mini-collections: reds, classics, and nail effects.


GWEN STEFANI RED SHADES

  • Fashion A Bow: "So busy- all tied-up today loving this bright reddish-orange!" This is definitely more of an orange instead of red and has a thin jelly texture so you have to use at least two coats.
  • What's Your Poin-settia?: "So what if I think this is the one truly perfect holiday red?" This is a true red creme that's not too bright or dark.
  • Cinnamon Sweet: "Sugar and spice... this deep, warm red is everything nice." Slightly darker and warmer than What's Your Poin-settia? with the same creme finish. Great opacity.
  • Red Fingers & Mistletoes: "This smooch-worthy red shimmer is holiday perfect." This red is filled with bronzey gold shimmer. The gold is not as noticeable when applied to the nails but its definitely shimmery.
  • Sleigh Parking Only: "Tell the violet to take good care of this exclusive dark burgundy." This deep burgundy creme has a slight brown or mauve undertone to it and is very opaque.
  • First Class Desires: "This melange of gold and eggplant shimmer is #1 on my wish list." Deep, dark purple with gold shimmer that definitely shows through on the nails. This one has a great formula and is beautifully unique.



GWEN STEFANI CLASSIC SHADES
 
  • Just Be-Claus: "This magnificent maroon came into my life just in the 'nick' of time." Dark cranberry red creme with a very nice formula.
  • In A Holidaze: "I'm dizzy in love with this maroon beauty." Deep red jelly finish with a slight blue undertone. This one is a little darker than Cinnamon Sweet.
  • Kiss me - Or Elf!: "There's no denying the allure of this amorous red violet." Dark berry/fuschia with a metallic shimmer finish.
  • I Carol About You: "I just fa-la-la-la love this deep royal purple!" Deep royal purple is a spot on description. This one looks darker on the nails than it does in the bottle. The shimmer is barely noticeable and gives it a very glossy look.
  • Christmas Gone Plaid: "I sure am plaid I found this tree-mendous forest green." Deep forest green creme. This is another one that looks darker on the nails than it does in the bottle.
  • Love Is Hot And Coal: "Turn the heat up with this deep grayish brown." This "almost black" brown has silver shimmers in it that gives it a gray undertone.
GWEN STEFANI NAIL EFFECTS
  • Rollin' In Cashmere: "Wooln't you just love wearing this warm, luxurious gold?" This frosty light gold shimmer has to be applied carefully or else it will really streaky. It has a very thin formula and needs 2-3 coats. Personally, this is my least favorite shade in the collection but it provides good variety.
  • Unfrost My Heart: "The shimmery cool glamour of this gleaming silver is beyond hot!" Very shimmery with a great formula.
  • I'll Tinsel You In: "Black and white confetti and fine glitter adorn this ornamental top coat." This surprisingly gives an even coat of glitter in one layer. I don't think this one will get much use but I'll give it props for being unique.
  • Snow Globetrotter: "Shake up your world with this glitter swirling with white and rainbow flakes." It's hard to get an even layer of glitter because of the white flakes. It's almost like I have to hunt down the white confetti and blob it on the nail if I want it the show. But the rainbow/holographic glitter goes on very well.
  • Comet In The Sky: "Iridescent beams and midnight black create cosmic art in this glitter." This shade was the most intriguing to me when I first saw this collection. I wish it had a black jelly base so it could be worn by itself. The green and blue hues in the bottle don't translate as strongly to the nails as I would like but this is still a beautiful glitter.
  • So Elegant: "Black and chrome confetti add sophisticated drama to this glitter." The chrome confetti is more like a gunmetal gray, which I've never seen before. I feel like the gunmetal brings a tough girl edge to the girly craving for glitter.

So there you have it, 18 shades swatched in about 2 days (my poor cuticles)! My favorites in this collection are I Carol About You, Christmas Gone Plaid, First Class Desires, Just Be-Claus, and Comet In The Sky. These can be purchased anywhere that OPI is sold or here at Ulta for $9.50 each. What are your favorites in this collection that you can see yourself wearing for the holidays?




You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I don't know which collection I like more but the classic shades are perfection. I love how they look on your nails! Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am for sure a Classic shades lady! I can't make the glitter polishes work on my shorter nails. I do love Gwen and I love these classic shades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted this entire collection when I saw it announced. Gorgeous swatches. Those glitters, love!

    ReplyDelete